Friday, December 30, 2011

Eat Healthy and Stay Smart

This morning I opened up my mouth and swallowed a tablespoon straight of Fish Oil. I remember my doctor telling me the benefits of taking fish oil straight versus swallowing the fish oil capsules. In liquid form it will absorb more efficiently into our body. The capsule will take longer to absorb because our body has to break down the capsule first. Also in order to get the amount of fish oil I need into my body I would need to take so many more capsules. Either way I get fish oil into my body, it's a good thing. Fish oil is a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
Fish Oil is extracted from fish, but the fish does not produce the fish oil. It is accumulated from the fish's diet including microalgae and preyfish. There are so many benefits from fish oil that I have noticed in my life but it's always nice to find a new article that enforces why I am taking it. First of all I notice that my skin is better, I feel more awake then finally omega-3 fatty acids help with your brain.
The most recent article I found is about the elderly and their mental performance. Sound vitamins they measured beyond omega-3 included Vitamin D and B12. Keep yourself healthy and make sure you're taking in what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment